White Soup with Tarragon Beet Sauce
All photography by August Nyson. See all her beautiful work here
Recipe originally printed in the August '18 edition of Women's Lifestyle Magazine. Check it out here
Not only is this soup deliciously creamy, comforting and filling, it will slowly transform into a marbled pink wonder before your eyes…or spoon!
Tarragon Beet Sauce
1 large beet
1 cup water
½ tsp dried tarragon
½ tsp salt
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Boil whole beet about twenty minutes, until skin is loose. Remove from water, peel or gently cut skin off. Cut into cubes and add to a blender.
- Add remaining ingredients to blender and blend on high speed until completely pureed. Set aside to garnish soup.
White Soup base
Yield= 10 cups
1 large russet potato, peeled
½ large white onion
½ cauliflower head
½ large fennel bulb (reserve green leaves for garnish)
2 cups white button mushrooms, diced
4 large garlic cloves
4 Tbsp butter (dairy or nondairy)
I can coconut milk
1 Tbsp salt
Juice of 1 lemon
3 Cups reserved boiled water
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potato, onion, cauliflower and fennel to water and boil until very soft. When finished boiling, transfer veggies to a blender and reserve water.
- Melt butter in a large sauté pan. Add garlic and mushrooms and sauté until soft. Add to blender.
- Add coconut milk, salt, lemon juice and boiled water to a blender.
- Blend all ingredients together on high speed until very creamy. This may need to be done in two batches depending on blender size. Soup is ready to serve when all ingredients are pureed and completely smooth.
- Transfer to soup bowls and garnish with tarragon beet sauce and fennel leaves. Enjoy!
Post a Comment