Pumpkin Spice Roasted Almonds
All photography by August Nyson. See all her beautiful work here
Recipe originally printed in the August '18 edition of Women's Lifestyle Magazine. Check it out here here
These easy-to-roast almonds are a great midday snack, between meal bite, or topping for pancakes, ice cream or yogurt.
Gluten free, grain free, dairy free, egg free, vegan
2 Cups raw almonds
1 Tbsp ground flax
4 Tbsp cool water
1 tsp salt
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet or roasting pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ground flax and cool water. Once gelled, stir in salt to dissolve.
- Place raw almonds in a mixing bowl. Add in flax mixture and stir to coat almonds.
- Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar over almonds and gently stir to coat.
- Transfer almonds to cookie sheet or pan in a single layer and place in oven for 20 minutes, stirring gently every 5 minutes.
- Allow almonds to cool slightly and get crunchy before enjoying.
Post a Comment